Monel K500 Round Bar
Jainex Steel & Metal Monel K-500 is a unique nickel-copper superalloy and offers many of the benefits of Monel 400, but with strength and hardness. These improvements are due to two main factors:
- The addition of aluminum and titanium to an already robust nickel-copper base adds strength and hardness.
- Material strength and hardness is further enhanced through age hardening.
Though used for a wide variety of applications, Monel alloy K-500 is specifically popular in a number of fields including:
- Chemical Industry (valves and pumps).
- Paper Production (doctor blades and scrapers).
- Oil and Gas (pump shafts, drill collars and instruments, impellers, and valves.
- Electronic components and sensors.
Monel K-500 is composed of the following :
- 63% Nickel (plus Cobalt).
- 1.5% Manganese.
- 2% Iron.
- Copper 27-33%
- Copper 27-33%
- Titanium 0.35-0.85%
Monel K-500 is also known for its ease of fabrication compared to other superalloys, and the fact that it is essentially nonmagnetic even at low temperatures.
It is available in most popular forms including:
- Rod and Bar (hot-finished and cold-drawn).
- Sheet (cold rolled).
- Strip (cold rolled, annealed, spring tempered).
- Tube and Pipe, Seamless (cold-drawn, annealed and annealed and aged, as-drawn, as-drawn and aged).
- Plate (Hot Finished)
- Wire, Cold Drawn (annealed, annealed and aged, spring temper, spring temper aged)
We stock and sell Nickel Alloy K-500 and Monel® K-500 in Pipe, tube, sheet, strip, plate, round bar, flat bar, forging stock, hexagon and wire.
Chemical Composition of Nickel Alloy K-500 and Monel® K-500
||2.30 - 3.15
||27.0 - 33.0
||.35 - .85
Nickel Alloy K-500 and Monel® K-500 Standards :
- Plate, Sheet, and Strip
- DIN 17750
- ISO 6208
- Bar, Rod, Wire, and Forgings
- ASTM B 865
- DIN 17752
- DIN 17753
- DIN 17754
- SAE AMS 4676
- ASME Code Case 1192
- ISO 9723
- ISO 9724
- ISO 9725
- Pipe and Tube
- DIN 17751